Dr. Seuss lessons are the sugar to my tea, the chocolate chips to my cake batter. He was such a wise man that really grasped the delicate concepts of life. My platform is Read Across America: Promoting Childhood Literacy, and boy am I enchanted by the National organization and the celebration of reading on March 1st, Dr. Seuss' birthday. Words cannot describe how incredible it is watching videos and seeing children's faces light up like stars over Dr. Seuss' tales and the lessons that they are willing to learn. This author books are gifts to this world. And right here, is one of my ultimate favorites-the five lessons! I am going to dissect each one.
1. Today you are YOU...
Wow. There truly is no one on this planet like you and I! We are irreplaceable. We must embrace our inner person and let that shine forth in everything that we are involved in. But first things first, we must dive in with our hearts!
2. Why fit in?
Individuality is a gift of freedom. We are free to expose our gifts and share them in our very own unique way. Isn't that awesome? When I read this principle I think of pageant gowns. Why wear a gown that everyone else has? Choose one that feels comfortable and makes YOU feel like queen.
3.You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
Enough said! With God on our side, we can do anything we want to be as long as we do it with integrity and love.
4. Be who you are and say what you feel...
We have to defy our fear of being ourselves. Not everyone can adore everyone and that's okay! One of the beauties of life is that God blesses us with people who will love us and support us no matter what we do.
5.Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.
Live each day as if it were your last, not tied with the past, but seeing the sun and having a blast. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment