Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The joy of trying new things

Oh how I adore the art of food! Lately, I have been on an adventure- hunting down recipes left and right, putting on my pink apron, and commanding my kitchen with authority. I have always told myself that I would love to become a better cook, so why wait? The art of food can easily be taught and it is quite entertaining and rewarding, when I succeed. My friend and I love to bake together and we have made tasty Martha Stewart vanilla cupcakes, shortbread, and chocolate cookies all from scratch. I am straying away from boxes for a while. I want to be a master cook.  I dream of having  an exquisite garden where I can pick vegetables and fruit naturally and make sweet dishes. Last night, I baked fresh mandarin muffins and zesty breaded chicken. I was quite proud and I cannot wait for the cooking project my friend and I planned together. We are going to prepare a meal and deliver it to a homeless person. Where we attend university, we see a lot of homeless people around and we think that making a meal would should show that "Yes, we are aware of what they are going through and we want to help." It is the right thing to do to always serve others with thoughtfulness and love.
That is the romance of charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment