Saturday, March 2, 2013

In His glory

Look at this beautiful face. Her expression grabbed my heart because I can feel the joy that is illuminating from her eyes to her Crest white smile. She has won a title for a lifetime.
Miss America 2012. And she won all in His glory. It is my ultimate dream to serve others and travel across America as a National Ambassador for the Children's Miracle Network and promote my personal platform, Read Across America. The Miss America Organization truly is more about the gown and the crown. Being a queen means devoting your life to other people and defining the true meaning of love. By volunteering, a queen reaches to the core of service which is making others smile and feel about themselves. That is the kind of romance that I long for. To do all of that for Jesus? Why of course, count me in! But.
Only if He wants me to. It's not up to me whether I become Miss America one day. That is God's call and if He leaves a message to do so, I will call Him right back. I always remember that His plan is far greater than my home. I compete in His light. The glimmer from my earrings and sparkle of the crown cannot compare to God's light. I have not won a title yet, but I believe I can. Again, only if God wants me to. We all have an agenda and I'm willing to do whatever He calls me to do. He loves me more than anything and knows the desires of my heart. Crown or no crown, I will continue to serve because that's what makes me happy.
The romance of making others smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment